Bearville World
Hello Guest! Welcome to Bearville World Forum! Currently as a guest you can only view the forum, however once you register you will be able to view the whole forum and reply and post new topics! With pawsome sections including: News on BABV, Polls, Contests, Trading, Gaming and even chat in our exclusive chatbox and there's also so much more to do at BearvilleWorld! So why not join the fun Today!
Bearville World
Hello Guest! Welcome to Bearville World Forum! Currently as a guest you can only view the forum, however once you register you will be able to view the whole forum and reply and post new topics! With pawsome sections including: News on BABV, Polls, Contests, Trading, Gaming and even chat in our exclusive chatbox and there's also so much more to do at BearvilleWorld! So why not join the fun Today!
Bearville World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bearville World

HomeNewsLatest imagesLog inRegister

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrianaadventurebear212
Event Planner
Adrianaadventurebear212

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 Empty
PostSubject: How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6   How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 am

Step 1:: Open Gimp, and open the image you want to make transparent

Step 2::Go to the top of Gimp and click on the layer button

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 5jz6dc

Step3:: Click on Transparency and then Add Alpha Channel

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 Fp7e5k

Step 4:: Go to the right side (or wherever your layers,channels, paths, and undo toolbar are and there you can view the layers or whatever.

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 11vsmef

If you can't find this go to:: Windows>Recently Closed Docks> layers,channels, paths, and undo-Gradient...

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 Av4q5j

To cut out the areas you want to make transparent you could use the free select tool or the fuzzy select.
How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 N6f437

Here's when you use fuzzy select(I had to use a different image to make it more clear.) ::How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 4jnmgp

Here's what you end up with(I kept the outline to show you what i did.)
How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 Mmts9w

This is what you need to to do to cut the outline out with free select (I drew thw arrow to show you, you need to connect that.)
How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 14jthcy

this what you get when you use free select::How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 10e3spd(not the best example.)

Hope my guide helps Very Happy Feel free to ask any questions

- Approved =0) - Rosemarie704

Last edited by Adrianaadventurebear212 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serenapawfectpal3
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
Serenapawfectpal3

PostSubject: Re: How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6   How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:40 am

Great guide! I'm not exactly familiar with GIMP because I use other programs. But now I've seen this I know more Very Happy
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rosemarie704
Administrator
Administrator
Rosemarie704

PostSubject: Re: How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6   How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:07 pm

good guide, but just one question that i don't see here is how does it remove the actual background or does it do it on it's own?. usually when you're aiming to make a picture transparent, your removing a particular object out of the picture and making it transparent, EX:

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 Exampl10

The picture on the left has a green BG that i want to remove to make the image transparent; the picture on the right shows a dotted line wrapped around the object that i want to keep and remove the rest so that it will look like the image below:

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 Transp10

now that the BG is taken out, i can leave it transparent like this so that it can blend into any background chosen or i can make a new avie or signature with it.

remember when making a guide to give full step by step instructions so that members can follow along clearly without posting alot of questions =0). Once the guide is more clearly detailed, i will approve it to be joined with the other guides. Thanks

Last edited by Rosemarie704 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
starla2hip56
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
starla2hip56

PostSubject: Re: How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6   How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Great guide!
But it would been better if you showed a picture to see how it turned out.
Neutral
Back to top Go down
Adrianaadventurebear212
Event Planner
Adrianaadventurebear212

PostSubject: Re: How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6   How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:04 am

starla2hip56 wrote:
Great guide!
Neutral

Oh yeah! sorry I had the picture ready of how it turned out but I forgot to post it Embarassed and @ Rosemarie I'll try to most further instructions about that later, thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
starla2hip56
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
starla2hip56

PostSubject: Re: How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6   How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:07 am

Adrianaadventurebear212 wrote:
starla2hip56 wrote:
Great guide!
Neutral

Oh yeah! sorry I had the picture ready of how it turned out but I forgot to post it Embarassed and @ Rosemarie I'll try to most further instructions about that later, thanks. Very Happy

It's ok Adriana Smile
Back to top Go down
Rosemarie704
Administrator
Administrator
Rosemarie704

PostSubject: Re: How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6   How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 am

np =0), whenever you have a chance, just edit your post and PM me =0).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6   How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make a picture transperant on Gimp 2.6
Page 1 of 1