Bearville World
Hello Guest! Welcome to Bearville World Forum! Currently as a guest you can only view the forum, however once you register you will be able to view the whole forum and reply and post new topics! With pawsome sections including: News on BABV, Polls, Contests, Trading, Gaming and even chat in our exclusive chatbox and there's also so much more to do at BearvilleWorld! So why not join the fun Today!
Bearville World
Hello Guest! Welcome to Bearville World Forum! Currently as a guest you can only view the forum, however once you register you will be able to view the whole forum and reply and post new topics! With pawsome sections including: News on BABV, Polls, Contests, Trading, Gaming and even chat in our exclusive chatbox and there's also so much more to do at BearvilleWorld! So why not join the fun Today!
Bearville World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bearville World

HomeNewsLatest imagesLog inRegister

DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!

Go down 
+14
Larissa
TestAwesome
abbyangel15001
ZiaAllheart311
TheLove
valentinerainbow49
LillieQTPie
starla2hip56
Jadekaratebear7
fluffycool157
Blue Water, and Blue Sky
AbbygailBearDiva59
Rosemarie704
RiyaBearCub
18 posters
AuthorMessage
RiyaBearCub
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
RiyaBearCub

DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! Empty
PostSubject: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 11:36 am

okay, i got this email from BEARVILLE LIVE and here is the email asking for our babv accounts and passwords, this a SCAM!!! i thought babw's email was @buildabear.com
DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! Ttrte10
DON'T DO IT!!! BABV WOULD NEVER DO THAT!! I don't mean to scream, but i just wanna help you and warn you guys, i don't want to to see someone getting hacked; i care for you all<3
Back to top Go down
Rosemarie704
Administrator
Administrator
Rosemarie704

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Thank you for informing all the members here. These kinds of false emails can cause alot of trouble for those that respond with that sort of information. Build a bear never asks for any passwords when responding to an email that you might send them about a problem that you might be having with your account; they can easily check your account without that, they've done it for me numerous times whenever i've had issues with items not showing up and they will check the activity logs and go through the entire system to make sure my account is secured and i have my items and will contact me as soon as they can.

as you had said, all bearville or build a bear workshop emails are addressed with the @buildabear.com. if you are always uncertain about any emails that you might be sent from them or any email that appears to be possibly from them, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT OR CLICK ON ANY LINKS THAT IT MIGHT PROVIDE, contact vwhelp@buildabear.com and give them full detail about the email in question and hold onto it so that just incase Build a Bear Workshop would like a copy for their records for future investigations as these are a serious offense as these kinds of emails put lots of children and their identities for millions to view and that's not good.
Back to top Go down
AbbygailBearDiva59
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
AbbygailBearDiva59

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:49 am

I think that same person did a scam a while back.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water, and Blue Sky
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
Blue Water, and Blue Sky

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:51 pm

Oh my
Hope this really isnt BABW Sad
Hope this person gets deleted for sending this out

(Posted from Apple Ipad 2)
Back to top Go down
fluffycool157
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
fluffycool157

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:19 am

Thanks for telling us this
@blue water, and blue sky- U are soo lucky to have an ipad 2!! :O
Back to top Go down
Jadekaratebear7
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
Jadekaratebear7

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:46 am

OMG, i am glad this hasn't happenned to me yet!
Back to top Go down
starla2hip56
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
starla2hip56

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:33 am

Thanks for sharing!
I haved checked my emails lately and I'm glad I didn't get that.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water, and Blue Sky
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
Blue Water, and Blue Sky

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:40 am

fluffycool157 wrote:
Thanks for telling us this
@blue water, and blue sky- U are soo lucky to have an ipad 2!! :O

LOL Thanks
Back to top Go down
LillieQTPie
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
LillieQTPie

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 am

oh! thanks for the warning! Smile
Back to top Go down
valentinerainbow49
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
valentinerainbow49

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:35 am

Thanks for the warning
Back to top Go down
TheLove
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
TheLove

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 am

Exactly! If it was buildabear, they wouldn't ask that or even have to promise not to change password!
Back to top Go down
ZiaAllheart311
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
ZiaAllheart311

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 am

How did they get our Email address?
Back to top Go down
valentinerainbow49
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
valentinerainbow49

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:48 am

Yeah how?
Back to top Go down
TheLove
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
TheLove

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:11 am

They get your email beacause you tell them. If you ask for them to get you stuff, theyll get your email. I fell for it once. After i asked they said "of course but please tell me your username and password. Of course, i didnt tell them the correct one.
Back to top Go down
abbyangel15001
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
abbyangel15001

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:20 pm

i got that same email and i got scammed
Back to top Go down
TestAwesome
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
TestAwesome

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Yo I get that email allll the time.. They seriously have to stop sending out those, duh. But they obviously do catch the newbies to BABV... Has BABV sent a message out to everyone saying Don't fall for it, or anything? I suggest they should. v__v
Back to top Go down
Larissa
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
Larissa

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm

I get them sometimes but the thing I do is,delete the message.The poor newbies will be getting there account hacked and anyone who now who believed in it.Babv would never want your password and they even stated that in an email they sent.
Back to top Go down
Madeline4
New Membear
New Membear
Madeline4

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:13 am

Thanks for letting us all know! affraid
Back to top Go down
amybear3038
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
amybear3038

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:01 am

thanks for letting us know:D
Back to top Go down
faithrainbow175
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
faithrainbow175

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 am

wow that sounds weird and kind of scary thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
KittyKatie
Furry Cub
Furry Cub
KittyKatie

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Oh dear ... I haven't checked my BABV for a little while , but I does scary :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!   DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!
Page 1 of 1